Alexandria & Washington DC AC Filters & Filter Replacement
Dirty AC filters decrease efficiency, wasting money and energy. Get dependable AC filter replacement in Alexandria and Washington DC when you call (888) 775-5640. Extending the life of a dirty filter doesn’t do anyone any good. Visit our coupons page and see how you can save on your next service call.
Replacing your AC filter is important to help extend the life of your air conditioning system. At Cyprus Air, Heating and Cooling we’re dedicated to keeping the AC units in Alexandria and Washington DC running smoothly and efficiently, and it shows! Visit our reviews page and see how we’ve been keeping customers in your neighborhood happy for over forty years.
What Do You Need to Know?
The two most important things to consider when maintaining an efficient air conditioning system are:
- Knowing how often to change your air conditioning filter
- Ensuring that the filters are changed when they need to be
The short answer is that when the filter are dirty, they ought to be changed, but the exact time you need to change them depends on several factors, which include:
- The type of AC filter your system requires
- The overall air quality of your area
- If you have pets, including dogs and cats
- How many people live in your home, or work in your business
- The level of air pollution and construction around your home or building
What Does This Mean for Your Filters?
A great rule of thumb is to change a standard 1” to 3” air filter bi-monthly, which is generally what is recommended by the manufacturers. However, this may not be specific enough to meet your needs, as there are other factors to consider such as allergies or pets.
If you live in a remote area, own a property which is occupied infrequently such as a seasonal cabin or vacation home, replacing your filters once a year may be sufficient.
You also need to consider your pets: do they have a tendency to shed? If so, this could clog your filter more quickly than if you didn’t have a pet.
A Quick Summary
- A typical suburban home: change the filter every 90 days
- Vacation home or single occupant home without pets: change every 6-12 months
- House with a pet: change the filter every 60 days
- Multiple pets or occupants who have allergies: change every 30-45 days
Remembering to Change Your AC Filter
The easiest way to make sure you never forget to change your AC filter is by scheduling regular maintenance and service with the professionals at Cyprus Air, Heating and Cooling. We’ll not only install a new AC filter, but will also check to make sure everything is performing as it should.
AC filters may not seem like pressing issues, but they affect the quality of your system and waste energy and money. Waiting to replace a clogged filter only makes the issue worse, so breathe deep and call Cyprus Air, Heating and Cooling at (888) 775-5640 for all of your AC filter needs in Alexandria, VA and the greater Washington DC area.